StudentDream Forums
Get to know each other and share knowledges
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsHome Register
ProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog inLog inPhoto Gallery

Knee Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentDream Forums Forum Index -> Proposal Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allan101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Knee Problems Reply with quote

Hi Friends,
I am 35 and on Sept 27 dislocated my knee. It popped back in place but the mri said torn patellofemoral ligament, small joint effusion and contusion of femoral condyle. My kneecap will still completely sublux also. I have been in a brace and been doing pt at home. My last follow up the ortho said my muscles are still extremely atrophied and increased the pt, said he would operate if not better in 4wks. I am still having pain when walking and being woken at night by pain. I was wondering if any of you have had a similar injury and what the healing time is, I have heard it can be up to 1yr? If you had a similar surgery how did it go? The ortho said mine would be an open procedure and involve grafting. Can you tell me what grafting is? Any advice on how to speed the healing, decrease this pain or avoid surgery would be greatly appreciated.
magnusiax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat healthy foods and drink vitamins focus on the bone.
Kanjen6289

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though biking itself is considered to be a form of recreation that has a low impact on the knees, mountain biking and knee problems often seem to go hand-in-hand. Of course, while rock-hopping, root dodging and stream fording are many times the causes of knee injuries while mountain biking, other factors, whose source is not as obvious, may play a role in knee injuries or knee pain. Most dogs enjoy running and playing outdoors; unfortunately, they are often slowed down by knee problems. The most common knee problem in dogs is known as luxating patella.
perrysimicart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biking itself is considered to be a form of recreation that has a low impact on the knees, mountain biking and knee problems often seem to go hand-in-hand. Of course, while rock-hopping, root dodging and stream fording are many times the causes of knee injuries while mountain biking, other factors, whose source is not as obvious, may play a role in knee injuries or knee pain. Most dogs enjoy running and playing outdoors; unfortunately, they are often slowed down by knee problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentDream Forums Forum Index -> Proposal Ideas All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: