StudentDream Forums
Get to know each other and share knowledges
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsHome Register
ProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog inLog inPhoto Gallery

usefulness of calculus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentDream Forums Forum Index -> Mathematics classes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: usefulness of calculus Reply with quote

Is calculus really that useful outside the classroom? I know algebra and trig are quite useful, but I cannot think of a use for calculus in real life.
frank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: it is useful Reply with quote

Calculus is really useful, it is used in every branch of the physical sciences, in computer science, in statistics, and in engineering; in economics, business, and medicine; and as a general method whenever the goal is an optimum solution to a problem that can be given in mathematical form. From a mathematical standpoint, it is used in conjunction with limits which, roughly speaking, allow the control or accurate description of an otherwise uncontrollable output. it is really use in some professional jobs;
john23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just never seen calculus used too often in computer science though, I know that algebra is very useful, but maybe I haven't gotten that far yet.
dave7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find calculus to be dull and boring, I haven't seen it used too much when relating to computer science.
chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too useful IMO, but they often make you take calculus just to satisfy your math requirement.
asharca

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life, calculus can be used to analyze the stocks of graphs in order to predict the future curve. However, this is mostly done by computer now.
billyjoey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are willing to take the time necessary to look for quality ones, you can finally get your favorable boots that can offer the same look and feel of the genuine ones.
Kamerka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is very informative. Thank you!
sienawilliam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Need Coursework Help? Reply with quote

So, connect with us now and strengthen your academic career. Completing coursework plays a vital role in it. This is why 70% of the student population in Australia looks for a solution to their coursework writing problems. And 60% of them end up taking professional coursework help. They should avail help from our MYOB assignment writers. We have been providing MYOB help in Australia, USA and UK for over a decade. We are recognized as the most authentic service provider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentDream Forums Forum Index -> Mathematics classes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: