StudentDream Forums
Get to know each other and share knowledges
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsHome Register
ProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog inLog inPhoto Gallery

Party vs. Study
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentDream Forums Forum Index -> Campus life
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you party too much?
yes
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
no
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
maybe
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Studebaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Party vs. Study Reply with quote

Personally, I party a lot.

Every night when school is over, and I can relax, I try to find a party to go to or a bar or something like it.

Yet, I feel guilty about it because I think I'm wasting my time when I should be furthering my mind.

Whats the right balance between studying and partying?
john23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I hardly party at all. I have too much time being taken up by programming projects and studying for those quizzes almost constantly.
frank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: i do both Reply with quote

when i have an exam coming i study ; but no exam mean a lot of party
x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: i love party Reply with quote

i rellay prefer party than study, if i manage to get a C in my class i will be really proud of it.
collegemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in anything in life, moderation is key. As long as you can balance your books with your bars, there is no reason why you can't have fun. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't let your active life fog your academic, we are all in school for a reason afterall. Graduating with a C average never looked that great to employer's unless you want to go work at McDonald's.
seraphim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I can't enjoy myself at a party if I know that I should be studying for a midterm. The guilt gets me every time, and all I can think about is how screwed I'll be the next day.

So, even though I'm definitely not averse to partying, I always make sure that I do it at the appropriate time, and not at the cost of my grades. Because as collegemonkey said, we're all in school for a reason, and I'm sure you want to get a lot more out of your time in college than memories of getting drunk at parties.
john23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seraphim wrote:
Personally, I can't enjoy myself at a party if I know that I should be studying for a midterm. The guilt gets me every time, and all I can think about is how screwed I'll be the next day.

I agree with this thought also, it is hard to have a really good time knowing that a big test or term paper is coming up.
Micky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Both are important Reply with quote

Quote:
As in anything in life, moderation is key. As long as you can balance your books with your bars, there is no reason why you can't have fun.

I agree with you, collegemonkey. When you need to study, you study and when you can have fun, have fun! You've got to set line between serious time and fun time. Although you put line between study and party, if your grade is B or less, for me, you are not doing enough or somehow you are not focus on study when you are supposed to. You also have to check the line you have set is whether or not appropriate.

And one more thing! Type of fun is also an important factor. Music, dancing and other physical activities or talking with your friends are some of good ways to have fun and relax yourself from stress of studying or works. BUT parties involving too much drinking or immoral conducts cost you, sometimes your life.

Everybody! Follow your conscience and have fun! It's time to enjoy SPRING BREAK Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you love to go out and party, yet you feel that you are restraining yourself. Find a balance between the two. For instance, have 3 or 4 days be for partying or studying or whatever and the remaining days that week for the other.
dave7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I party pretty frequently, but I do catch up on studies if there are quizzes or tests coming up.
mimi20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well going to the bar is really fun and enjoying, it takes away all your worries in school everytime you go to the bar.
I'll just go to the bar every Friday or saturday night with some of my friends and few classmates:)
dave7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john23 wrote:
seraphim wrote:

I agree with this thought also, it is hard to have a really good time knowing that a big test or term paper is coming up.

Sometime this is true for me. I always worry about an upcoming paper or exam and find it is hard to have a good time at a party.
filia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

I go party, but not that much.

But for now, I am prefer to go for Schools of Religious Study.

I hope that it was never to late.

Smile
simonwhite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i manage both my study an party
wangjia711922

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that summer time is coming, it is usually a great notion to get louis vuitton uk trying to find modern as well as protective sunglasses for many outdoor activities. Sun shades typically are not destined only to louis vuitton sale uk your outfit a more stylish, more attractive look-these are louis vuitton monogram canvas bags a great way that you can defend your view from the harsh rays from the sun.Polarized sun shades give you one of the best safety in addition to anti-glare capability so you observe clearly. You can also pick a kind that louis vuitton bags ebay your current dynamic way of living wholly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentDream Forums Forum Index -> Campus life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: